Today we are just staying home...taking a lazy day. Sitting with our feet propped up..will that is until Josie is done with her nap. We had family over last night for game night. Which was so much fun! Samuel and Johnny played xbox with their cousin.
Josie ran around playing and getting into everything. We all slept in this morning.
Yesterday we fought the crowd at Walmart..It's amazing were do all of these people come from. And how do they fill up two buggies..Where is the money coming from??
It's just aggravating fighting the crowd..And then I always run into a client, family, or strangers that want to meet and talk to Josie..It's a 3 hour event just to go to walmart..Don't get me wrong I love talking and bragging about Josie...Just love it!!! But three hours at nap time...IT's much fun! :)
We needed to get her formula, yes she is 15 months and we have her on
Lipil Next Step. We just felt she needed a little longer on the formula since
she only started it when we brought her home at 6 months. And the fact that her formula there was watered down to half of what she should have had. And I haven't taken her bottle from her.. I think she is ready..But I'm not. Does that make since to anyone. I'm not ready to pack them away FOREVER!!! I don't want her to grow up..And taking the bottle is the first step. She does great with a cup. So, yesterday we decided to slowly introduce her to milk..And she loves it. I have put it in her sippy cup..But still giving her the rest of the formula in her bottle..
So, any thoughts on when I should break myself from the bottle????? LOL LOL :)
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Lazy days!!! Gotta love them
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Breaking them from the bottle? Confessions here, Michael still has one and so does Phoebe, that's 22 months and 15 months...you know, they didn't get to nurse so I'm not hurrying them!
I'm good to hear that...my mom thinks they should be off at 12 months..But I don't think so..
So I'm glad you agree :)
BTW they are so cute :)
You just take as long as you need. I am in no hurry to "wean" Ellie from a bottle. She's only 9 months, and though she tries hard with the sippy, she doesn't "get it" well enough yet. They've had such a hard row to hoe, I think allowing them a few extra concessions is just fine!! I think we'll know when it's time, and I think you'll know too!!
I kept Nola on the Enfamil Lipil until she was 15.5 months. I did start mixing it with milk shortly before that to make the transition smooth.
She also still gets milk in her bottle 2 or 3 times a day. While she drinks from a sippy cup just fine, I'm also not pushing it either. She's almost 20 months.
Dylan is almost 16 months and we give him one bottle when he wakes up early morning. That's it. The rest of the day he uses a sippy cup. The bottle has soymilk, not formula but I think it still gives him so much comfort that it doesn't make much sense to me to hurry up and get him off it. When he gets sick, we also allow him an occassional bottle during the day.
Post a Comment