Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Adoptive parents of Tokmok Babies...I have a question?

Josie had a spot on her left arm when we picked her up, once we came home the Dr stated it looked like a bug bite..just to put lotion. Which I did several times a day. Well, it is getting some bigger but now has a yellow discharge. So, once again we head to the Dr. they stated it looks like a cyst, and should be removed. That is the only spot she has. So, I was looking up on Nightlights web page and on the Kyrg page, the testimonial the baby in the picture has the very same spot on her left arm...

So, could you guys help me out???? I do have pic's but I don't want to put them on here but i would email them to someone if they have questions!!!

BTW, she has gained a 1.6 ounces, and grown 1 inches since we got home!!!
She stated day care today for just a couple days a week. I didn't want to
put her in day care. But the adoption fees just about broke us!! But it's a
good BROKE!!! She is just a doll baby!!! I couldn't image life without her!!!


THANKS!


6-7-08 I thought i would go ahead and post a picture of her spot..That way it might help other people/parents. We have determined it is a TB vaccine..

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Johnda, did they give her the BCG vaccine? It is used in many countries against TB. It will ooze and shed like that for some time. It would be good to know because in the future she may test weakly positive for TB exposure because of the vaccine. This topic comes up a lot in international adoptions. Perhaps you can have her checked by a doctor familiar with IA.

Hilary Marquis said...

Anara has one on her arm as well that our pediatrician recognized as the TB vaccine.

Allison said...

Both of my boys (adopted from Russia) had the BCG vaccine in their left arm and both have a small scar.

Margaret and Tom said...

Hey Johnda, Milana and the other girl adopted at the same time from our agency both had fresh spots on there arms just like this on Gotcha day, I am told it is the TB vaccine they use over there just as others have said. It is on the left arm right on the shoulder muscle about halfway down...not pleasant and taking a long time to heal...likely will scar, poor thing...oh well. I did hear that she may react to the TB test though for the rest of her life because of this vaccine. OK, take care and let me know if you want me to send you a picture of Milana's. Her scab came off yesterday and it bled a little, but it looks ok, not great, but OK...All I can think is that must have hurt. Glad all is well with Josie though :) Take care, Margaret

Anonymous said...

TB shot...looks really nasty I know, but should heal up just fine. Pretty likely to scar though.

Gen 's Family Story said...

I concur with everyone. it'll scar like everyone says. Phoebe and Michael both have that scar.

Anonymous said...

My daughter who is in Bishkek hasd the same mark on her left arm. Glad to know what it is.

Angie

Also can you add me to your bloglist angi_Shar@yahoo.com