Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 13, 2008

A lazy Sunday here in Bishkek

We have done nothing but sleep. Danny uses a c-pap machine at night to breathe...Well it broke on the way over here..SO, his snoring is REALLY REALLY loud! So, I wasn't sleeping at all...cotton balls and ear phones and a pillow over the head didn't work..So, I said up all night waited for him to get up and then went to bed about 6:30am slept til 2:00pm...Now I'm wide awake and it's 2am :(
We all have a cold,Josie had one when we picked her up. And boy she does not like to have her nose wiped. She is a very good baby..She has had 2 major melt downs..we couldn't do anything right..she finally fell asleep.

Saturday we had a good day out, we went shopping. I loved it you get to haggle w/ them...And that's one of my favorite things to do! I know it's weird but I love the challenge..maybe that's why I love real estate.
Kuba our driver took us around today we ate at the Metro...I had chicken fingers, french fries and "Lite coke" Danny had a bacon cheese burger, french fries and onion rings. We did go all out and ordered Apple pie a la mod..it was nasty!! Ice milk ice cream..yuck...no flavor in the pie..just nothing like my mom's.

It's getting harder and harder every day being here. We miss our boys so bad..
We miss our families. I feel like ok we have her let's go home! But no..paper work paper work! YUCK.

We spoke to the boys earlier, they ar doing good..they love staying w/ my sister.
They love hanging out w/ the older guys. And are planning a paint ball game today..
I wonder how that will go??

Well I will post some pictures of this past week..And head to bed


This is the view from our window at the Asian Mountain:


These ladies were Josie's Caregivers



This is Saule our Advocate in Kyrgyzstan



On the road, coming back from Tokmok



Josie watching TV..lol



View from our room and dinner..pizza..it was ok very bland...











Josie








9 comments:

The Morgans said...

Oh Johnda! She is absolutely beautiful. I know you can't wait to get her home and united with her family. Three more weeks and I'll be where you are!
Best wishes,
Melody Morgan

Hilary Marquis said...

What a little beauty she is! Praying for a smooth process the rest of the way. I'm sure her big brothers are so anxious to meet her :)

Maria said...

I've pored over your photos and just love the ones of Josie. The photos of the community are just so sad, such poverty. I know she will treasure having those one day. She's just such a happy, sweet girl. I'm a bit freaked about the snoring too as hubby is a LOUD one. At home I can send him downstairs - there? UGH. Good luck on getting home soon!

Allison said...

She is gorgeous! Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Kim said...

Johnda,
She is gorgeous!!! I understand being home sick and just wanting to get out of there already, but at least you have your sweet girl in your arms now and FOREVER :)
Congrats again!
Kim H.

Jackie said...

Thanks for the updates and pics. Josie looks so cute. Didn't you love Dolce Vita??? I thought it was so yummy.

Gen 's Family Story said...

Love those pictures!!! It was such a special time there to be alone with our precious girl, enjoy it while you have it! P was in the exact same outfit that Josie had on when we picked her up. Must have made the rounds:) Did she have tights and a long shirt underneath also? I'll have to email you a pic sometime. Hope you are all getting well, we finally put P on antibiotics, she couldn't shake the cough she had since we picked her up 3 weeks ago...

Margaret and Tom said...

Hi Johnda, Josie is so cute and happy. She has such big eyes and pretty hair :) We loved Dolce Vita, if you go again, try the US Pepperoni, it is not bland at all, in fact it is really spicy pepperoni!

Ivy Lee said...

Love the photos of beautiful Josie. She has the lovliest eyes. I really like the photo of her "watching TV". It made me smile. Please tell Saule we send our regards and hope to see her soon.