Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 14, 2008

Our last day in Bishkek

Well it's 830am on Tuesday morning..We are suppose to pick up our Visa for Kazakstan around 6:30..We are planning on leaving for Kaz at that time..But our advocate said 3:30 in the morning..If anyone is reading this and has drive to Almaty, Kaz...what time is the best to travel?
It was a raining day yesterday here...I didn't get out..and this room is getting smaller and smaller each day. Danny went out today and brought chinesse home for dinner, it was REALLY good..But while he was gone I thought I heard a baby cry in the back yard here..so i looked..Not a baby but a goat tied up to a tree by one leg..the next minute i looked out the man had killed the goat..cut it's legs off and was skinning it..while the woman had the fire ready for cooking!!! Well that almost ruined my dinner..ALMOST I was starving..

Thinking about that family I have watched for the past week..I feel truly blessed..
And Thankful I don't have to cook outside over a fire...wash my clothes in cold water w/ my hands and dry them on the fence...I'm blessed that I get to go to the grocery store and get my food...I'm just blessed! And Thankful for my family!

As for our sleeping routine..Danny takes a late nap..I got to bed around 9:30...wake up around 3:30...let Danny go to sleep...Josie is sleeping great! She is eating really good...just a sweet baby..The reason we are sleeping in shifts is Danny's snoring...I'm thankful for a C-pap machine that works. We will have to order another on before we get home.. And hope and pray our insurance company pays for another one.
If not it's around $1,200 which we don't have right now..we are kinda broke..staying her an extra 5 days has cost us more than we thought...But I know we will be taken care of..

As for us leaving..We are hoping to leave on Thursday evening (your time) and make it home Friday evening...Well that is IF Golden Rule will return our calls/emails which they have not...They have messed up our credit card...charged us for 2 sets of tickets..which is $4500 extra...Now we have to change our return trip charge tickets again...But we can't get them to take off the extra tickets..which has maxed out our credit card we brought..Very upset about that... our credit union said it would take 60 days to get the charge off of there...So, we are praying they return our calls/emails..we just want to come home!

We spoke to the boys and my family this evening..The boys are doing good..they enjoyed their paint ball game w/ my nephews..S had his first appt w/ the dentist to start his braces..He get them all on, on Monday...J had a track meet this evening and got first place on the hurdles..YIpeee those long legs have come to good use.
We miss them so bad..these 2 weeks have been challenging..And I know the extra time is for a reason...
We are staying at the Hotel Kazzol in Almaty, Kazakstan..I hope they have internet..
Getting on here has made the time go by faster..We LOVE LOVE Skype..if you are traveling/adopting or do a lot of long distance calling...we have called home using the computer/skype for only 2 cents a minute!!!!

So, Until next time..We love everyone and can't wait to get home!

2 comments:

janiece said...

Oh for goodness sakes', I'm having trouble with Golden Rule too. They were so good the first trip--I wonder what the heck is going on? I'll call them again tomorrow andI mention your name--see if that helps any. Hotel Kazzhol has a business dept. area with internet--andit works pretty darn good. I can relate to your snoring issues--I've threatened Ted that I'm going to hold a pillow over his head until he stops twitching--he may be up for a c-pap!
Your in my prayers for a smooth return!

Hilary Marquis said...

I second...or third the snoring complaint! Sorry things are challenging, but you are right, it will be taken care of ;) We'll keep you in our prayers.