Our first visit was great. She is a doll. Very content and alert She can hold her head up and look around. We laid her flat having her hold onto Danny's fingers to see if she could hold her upper body up and head...She did great. Very strong little gal.
She had just been feed and they told us it was her nap time. She didn't make a sound until she sneezed on me. I think she is going to be a Daddy's girl already! She would watch him even if I was holding her.. She would follow him from side to side. There are some bright colors in the nursery where we were and she liked those too. She was getting sleepy but every time she would doze off she would open her eyes. We kept telling her she could go to sleep and we would see her tomorrow. But she fought sleep..kinda like she thought she was going to miss something. She weighs 8lbs. 5 oz. and has a lot of hair!! Yipeee hair bows! We was left alone with her for about 20 minutes that's when we started checking her out. Tiny feet, ears, long fingers and beautiful brown eyes.
We will get to visit her for an hour each day, it takes us an hour and thirty minutes to get to the Tokmok Orphanage. But the trip is well worth it.
We had Cuba which is our driver/translator with us all day.. We enjoy pizza and french fries for dinner. We stopped at a convenient store to get some "light" coke and some water to drink. We plan on going to do a little souvenir shopping in the morning (Tuesday) This city is VERY crowded with 1.2 million people..crazy drivers going both ways..honking horns, flashing lights, people walking everywhere, children of all ages walking the street. Snow everywhere...Very interesting place...
I love Kentucky :)
Monday, January 14, 2008
Our first Visit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So glad you had a good first meeting. Don't get too attached to the hair...they'll shave it. They have to to keep the pests away. I know how you feel about Kentucky, I felt the same way about Nebraska. I was so glad to get back to where they drive like sane people!
Josie sounds like a doll. Can't wait to see her. (I'm sure we are all waiting for pictures ;)
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!
Glad to hear your first visit went well. She sounds like a doll!
Hi Johnda! Send me an email at ncochrane3@hotmail.com with your login info and I will fix your blog for you! If you don't see the problem...hit refresh. My photobucket is messed up! But it can be fixed, just have to substitute the codes.
I am so glad to hear things are going well with Josie. Can't wait to see pictures!
Thanks!
Nikki
Great reading your post. I agree with you about the hairbows! Can't wait to see pictures!
Yeah! Sounds like she is just precious:)
SO exciting to read about your adventures. I'm sure we'll feel the same about TN when we go. We Southern girls like our Southern comforts. :-) Can't wait to see photos!
Post a Comment