Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 30, 2008

TB scare

WOW what a week...we get a call from our local Health Dept. and
CDC (Center for Disease control) asking me if I was on a flight on April 18th from
Frankfurt Germany to Chicago..and was I sitting in seat 17h??? Well I don't remember
what seat but yes. She goes into telling me that there was a man sitting in row 18 that ACTIVE TB!!! She starts telling me what test I will have to have...And I say what about my husband and daugther? Oh they are fine...I said they were sitting right beside me..They didn't even have them on the flight??????????? WHAT??????
She then tells me we ALL need to have a TB skin test and Josie will have to see
a specialist for infectious diseases. She had to have a x-ray done. So, we did that and went to the dr.. We are all fine and have to be re tested in 3 months.
They thought Josie would test positive due to the fact she received that BCG, I think that's the one. But her tb skin test came back good...

THank God everyone is ok!!!

3 comments:

janiece said...

Thank goodness you can be checked and treated! I'm glad they contacted you. How scary!

Gen 's Family Story said...

Isn't that just icing on the cake. Bummer. Good to know they follow up.

Lisa Brotherton said...

Thank God your tests look good. Not very reassurring that they only had one of you on their list! Who else is walking around uninformed and untested!
Please give us an update after your next tests!
Prayers for you and all that traveled on that flight.