Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One step forward...50 steps back!!! No baby yet!

NOW FOR JOSIE!
We are hoping to pick up Josie tomorrow...they didn't want us to pick her up without any supplies (no luggage) We did go to a little store and purchased bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, and finally a little outfit. After I packed everything
in the world for her, we have nothing!

I don't even know where to start about our travel!!! I'm/We just trying to be patient.

First of all we on a plane from Chicago to London for 14 hours, due to snow in London. Our next flight was cancelled which didn't matter because we where 3 hours late. We got to spend the night in London...only seen a double decker bus, a "nanny 911" car, a couple of houses..
Got up the next morning left for the airport, they didn't have our tickets or reservations. We finally made it to Istanbul then they cancelled our reservations
to Bishkek. Finally we are in Bishkek at the Asian Mountain having dinner. Without our luggage! We have had the same nasty clothes on since Saturday...
We have washed our under clothes and dried them w/ a blow dryer :)
We will have to move to Silk Road Hotel tomorrow, the Asian Mountain doesn't have any more rooms available.

I know this post doesn't make much since at all, but we are tired both sick

11 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my! Well atleast you made it there safely altho not comfortably and with ease. I will pray that the rest of your experience goes more smoothly.
Thx for the update!
:)
Monica

Lisa Brotherton said...

Johnda...
The trials are many; The rewards are great!
So sorry for your difficulties.
I am praying for you!
Just love that baby up for all of us when you get her!
Godspeed!

Hilary Marquis said...

Johnda!
I've been wondering how you were doing. Sorry to hear about the luggage...that stinks! Hang in there Josie is almost in your arms forever!

Praying,
Hilary

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you are off to such a rough start! Dont worry, it will get better. We missed our flight from London to Bishkek, I thought I would have a nervous breakdown...it all worked out though. Josie will be in your arms very very soon. I hope that you feel better soon- remember to eat and get plenty of sleep. Have to take care of yourselves if you are gonna be able to take care of Josie!

Jackie said...

Hope you get your luggage soon and also hope you can fight getting sick. It won't be long now. Stay strong and well.

Maria said...

Criminey crud! That sounds HORRIBLE!!! I hope by now you have gotten either your luggage or Josie -- or both! and are more refreshed and ready to take on adoption world again. I'm so sorry you are having such a rough trip!! HUGS

Margaret and Tom said...

Hang in there Johnda. I know Josie will be in your arms soon...hopefully all the rough stuff is over now and you can just enjoy her.

Gen 's Family Story said...

I'm so sorry!! What a story you'll have to tell Josie! Depending on the room you get, be prepared for filthy floors at the Silk Road, I know, not what you want to hear...We are praying for you! May God's hand be on the rest of this journey, you have a big delivery after this labor of love!
Glad to hear you are finally in Bishkek!
-Gen

Mary said...

Johnda,
I hadn't realized you left already. Bummers about the luggage...but you're there...and Josie is only hours away from being in your arms forever. Hoping you have smooth sailing the rest of the way. My sister can hardly wait for the day she's in Bishkek for her little one. Thinking and praying for you.

Smiles,
Mary

Mary said...

I'm so happy to know Josie is only hours away from your arms. I hadn't even realized you had left for Kyrgyzstan. Yeah! The last time I checked you were still waiting for something. Bummers about the luggage. Have you received it yet? Thinking of you and praying for smooth sailing the rest of your time there. My sister can't wait for her time over there...not really sure when though.
Smiles,
Mary

janiece said...

Oh Johnda! That stinks! I've done it without luggage(Rauan) and it does work out. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and Josie is in your arms now.