Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 31, 2008

A rush of emotions

Today...for some reason I have been crying. I began to think
of Josie's birth Mother...how her heart has to be hurting..
Knowing she will never see her baby again. She probably has
no idea where she is going, who is going to be caring for her
sweet baby girl.
I am so greatful to that Mother for giving us the gift..The gift
of her daugther...her flesh and blood...the one that grew in her
belly..the one she felt move..and then gave birth to her.

I can't put into words how I am so thankful..

4 comments:

Rachel said...

i am SOOO there with you! Alex is to an age where i bring his birth mother up from time to time. he still doesn't get it, but i want him to be familiar with her anyway. i am so thankful to both birthmothers...and i feel so greatful to God and my kids for giving me a connection to them. you realize after awhile that you're in this together and she somehow becomes an extension of you, even though you'll most likely never meet.

Allison said...

I understand what you are going through. As we have celebrated our referral for the past few days, our excitement has been tempered by knowing there is a birth mother on the other side of the world who is sadder than we can imagine It is so hard to know that our precious gifts come from somebody else's greatest loss. Big hugs to you.

Maria said...

Beauty from the ashes. It is a thought that has permeated our adoption all along that I knew that someone had to have such heart-breaking pain for me to have such earth-moving joy. I hope in their hearts these mamas can know their babies are safe and loved. My heart goes out to you.

Gen 's Family Story said...

I cried alot before we left too!! I think about our babies parents often, especially on their birthday, and how much of a gift they have given to me. I'm so happy for you guys!! In Almaty go to the Blue Mountain your day off. (it's in the city) I'll ask our guide in Almaty if she would be willing to take you in Almaty, if so I'll email you the details and her number. She's hired by our agency but I know she doesn't have any jobs in April. There's a chance she would. Do you want me to email you a map?