Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 22, 2008

9 weeks....since I seen held that sweet baby

9 weeks since we held that baby in our arms. Seems like if there is a bump in the road we hit it..
Our dossier was at the Embassy for over 11 weeks...that's almost 3 months sitting on someones desk..they told us 10 days to process our dossier. There was no reason in why it was there for so long. Seems like everyone wants to blame someone else. But who is to blame for that baby girl laying over there?? Who do I point a finger at?? Who is responsible for her not being with her family? We were told..let's try to have her home by Easter..Well that is untouchable.
Let's say if we go to court next week..we will be lucky to have her home by Mother's Day...
that means 6-8 weeks more...of waiting. I just don't understand, some parents that we traveled with have their babies home...and have for several weeks..We don't even have a court date...once you go to court you have a 30 day waiting period..then 10 days to process the passport, visa...
So, 40 day of waiting.
It gets so hard even talking about it..you get depressed, you don't want to do anything..it's the only thing you have on your mind..just image having a baby...falling in love with it...bonding..and then leave it at the hospital and hope and pray they don't get lost in the shuffle with all the other babies...just remember leaving you baby for the first time...that hurt, ache in your heart..the feeling that nobody understands...Only thing that makes you feel better is seeing that sweet face or hoping a wonderful family emails you pictures while they are visiting their babies..
Adoption has so many unknowns..and the unknowns drive you crazy...Not getting updates, whether or not your baby is growing...thriving...I feel like the only time I get something done is I have to make someone mad or make the calls to the Embassy, Assistant Stork myself...Why am i paying these people this kind of money if I have to make the calls...Why can't people just do their jobs..WHy can't people be honest. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear...
I have a moto...Do unto other as you would have done to you"......

I know Josie will be home forever...when I don't know..Only God knows
I know God hears my prayers, my cries..And I know he will answer my prayers in his time..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how frustrated and heart broken you feel. I will pray for your family and Josie that you are all united soon. I am going for my first visit April 21st to the Bishkek orphanage. Is Josie in Bishkek? If so I will get some pictures and movies for you.

Angie Sharp

angi_Shar@yahoo.com

Karen D said...

Hi Johnda,
We've been waiting, but not nearly as long as you have, and it is hard! But, I agree, God will take care of our daughters. I'll be praying for you to be united with Josie soon.
Blessings,
Karen

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking. I cant imagine all you are going through.. We all want her here.. I just wish they could get things done like they are telling you that they would!

Margaret and Tom said...

I am so sorry for all the pain you are going through, I can't imagine what it must feel like, please know that I am praying for you and your family, including Josie.