Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

A Change of Plans!

After much thought and PRAYERS! We have decided to switch countries...We are now going to try Kyrgyzstan. We prayed ALL weekend and ask God for some guidance and Sunday morning service, I got my answer..Our pastor talked about, what God has laid on your hearts it is a big honor, and to do everything in your power to push through, when on door is shut. Let God direct you in every step. And remember those footprints in the sand, God is carrying us in those rough times.

My heart does go out to that baby girl in Guatemala, but I feel God has a special family for her.

Something in my heart told me she wasn't my daughter and I thought maybe it was just getting used to the fact I was going to be a Mom again. But there wasn't that feeling..that special bond/feeling..I don't know how to describe it. And maybe that was God whispering in my ear. Our pastor talked about that too.



I want to obey God in everyway. Please continue to pray for our family and that baby girl in Guatemala.

Ok so now we need to redirect our paper work! Not sure what all needs to be changed.I know our homestudy and I171-h needs to be changed...So, the paper work starts again :)



If anyone has changed countries and have some information that would be awesome!




Ok, so where is Kyrgyzstan?? I never heard of it either..

Maybe I should have paid attention in Social Studies...

7 comments:

Danny and Brittney said...

I pray that you find peace with your new adventure. I hope everything works out for you and your family. The child in Guatemala will find the family she is to be with.

janiece said...

Johnda--send me an email to
jpritch23@charter.net

sounds like we might be there at the same time. This is our third adoption. It's the experience of a lifetime! I've learned that God always has a plan--and it can be fun and surprising!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My heart goes out to you- it sounds like you have been on quite a journey already! I hope that God has given you peace about your decision. I am sure that soon you will begin to be as completely fascinated with Kyrgyzstan as we have been. I update my timeline on the yahoo group- hope it helps. every case is so different, but overall, it seems to move pretty quick. What agency are you with?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My heart goes out to you- it sounds like you have been on quite a journey already! I hope that God has given you peace about your decision. I am sure that soon you will begin to be as completely fascinated with Kyrgyzstan as we have been. I update my timeline on the yahoo group- hope it helps. every case is so different, but overall, it seems to move pretty quick. What agency are you with?

Anonymous said...

We have been on our journey for over 2 years. Our dossier was in Moldova for the better part of a year with no referral. Then our agency asked us to change countries and they gave us the referral for our little Kyrg angel.Feel free to email me with any questions or check out our blog, www.journeytojyly.blogspot.com

Hilary Marquis said...

If there is one thing that I have learned this year it is that God is in total control, NOT ME! We will pray for your journey and your child to be, as well as the little one in Guatemala. Stop by my blog is you'd like, www.bringinghomeanara.blogspot.com

Monica said...

Just happened upon your blog... wondering if you can tell me why you've decided on Kyrgyzstan rather than Kaz? I have been investigating both and would just love to learn what you know.

BEST WISHES for a speedy process as you redirect your paperwork!

Thx,
Monica